Are you ready to pack up the matte makeup of winter? We are! This spring’s palette of shimmery corals, peaches, and plums has us salivating, and we have a feeling that you are going to love them, too. https://www.beautywellnessfusion.com/
Here are our 10 favorite beauty trends for spring 2010:
1. Bright eyes. Candy-colored eye shades have been a hot trend since fall, and the spring palette continues to highlight bright shades of pink, purple, and blue. Try the Afterhours palette from Stila which includes a vibrant teal and a bright violet. Feeling fashion-forward? Combine shades of pink, lime, and yellow on your upper and lower lids for a trendy rainbow look.
2. Sun-kissed skin. Flawless, radiant skin is a classic staple of spring, and this year is no exception. To bring out your inner glow, dust your cheekbones with Heartbreaker Fusion Soft Lights in White Gold or Starlight pink, or try the new two-toned So-Bronze 3 bronzer from Jane Iredale.
[Hot tip! Enhance your natural blush with O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color from Smashbox. This innovative clear gel reacts with the moisture in your skin to produce a rosy hue in your natural shade that lasts all day long. Can’t get enough? Apply the gel to your lips for a delicious lip stain.]
3. Peach lips. This delicate hue is a pretty alternative to traditional pink. With a hint of orange, this subtle shade is a perfect complement to bold eye color but works equally well with more neutral eye shades. For a soft, sensual look, try pairing Peach Sorbet Tinted Lip Balm from Lucy B Cosmetics with the brand’s Sea Shell pink mineral eye silk.
4. Bold eyeliner. If you’re going to experiment in one area this season, make it eyeliner. Colors are bold and bright, from dazzling white, to lemon yellow, to electric blue-and the application is heavy on both the upper and lower lids. Not sure about going “under”? Start with a jet-black eyeliner like the Heartbreaker Liquid Liner Pen from Smashbox around the eyes for a dramatic evening look.
5. Structured ‘dos. While long, flowing locks still rule the runways, look for more updos to enter the mix this spring. The key to these styles is a nonchalant elegance, giving chignons, top knots, twists, and rope braids an effortless, do-it-yourself look. For any updo, invest in a good styling spray, such as Frederi Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray.
6. Purple, purple everywhere. Not sure what color to choose? This season, a dramatic shade of plum is always appropriate for eyes (Deep Violet from Smashbox), nails (Lilacism from Essie), and even lips (Stila’s Plum Lip Glaze). Don’t be afraid to experiment to find the shade that’s right for you: Purple lip hues range from barely-there tones to the dramatic glossy shade favored by many.
7. Flesh-toned nails. To complement that natural, radiant skin, try flesh-toned or neutral shades for your fingers and toes. OPI’s Soft Shades Collection features a variety of soft hues, including the light peach Honeymoon Sweet and the pale pink Sweet Heart.
8. Glitz and glitter. Shimmer is always a yes for spring, but this season, glitter is back in a big way. For a glamorous party look, try Stila’s Jewel Eye Shadow Palette. This collection features four gem-inspired shades, such as Amethyst, an eggplant eye shadow with champagne shimmer.
[Hot tip! If you’re a glitter girl, you’ll love the new Alice in Wonderland collection from OPI. Try Absolutely Alice for a bold blue lacquer infused with golden sparkles.]
9. Hot corals. Looking for a twist on classic red? Coral is a popular alternative in both fashion and beauty this season. This tangy orange-red hue is perfectly refreshing for both lips (Charlotte SPF 20 Shine Lip Color from Stila) and nails (Hot & Spicy from OPI).
10. Bold bows. Exaggerated hair bows à la the 1980s made a huge splash at spring fashion shows last fall. To duplicate this trend, make sure to straighten out any curls during blow-drying with a Moroccan Oil Round brush. Next, create a side-swept ponytail and tie it w